Monthly Archives: May 2020
SJEA Re-Opens for Annual Exams and Wellness Visits
Dear SJEA family,
First and foremost, we hope that you and your family continue to be safe during this unprecedented time of crisis. The last couple of months have been extremely difficult for most and we hope that everyone is well and that we all come out stronger in the end.
The doctors and staff at South Jersey Eye Associates would like to send an enormous amount of gratitude to all the healthcare and essential workers who have been on the frontlines, especially to those in our own community. Your heroism and selflessness have not gone unnoticed, so THANK YOU.
Since the beginning of this pandemic, we have been monitoring the federal, state, local board, and CDC/health expert guidelines and recommendations. Last week, Governor Murphy lifted the restrictions that were put on routine and elective medical care. This allows SJEA to re-open our doors to annual exams and wellness visits.
SJEA is excited to be able to serve our community’s eye care needs once again, starting this Tuesday, May 26th.
Although this is a big step towards “normal,” we know that we must keep our patients and our staff protected at all costs. We will continue to monitor the cases in and surrounding our area and approach this in a step-by-step fashion, ramping up our volume as we go along. We will also be implementing the following changes to ensure your safety for the foreseeable future:
1. All patients and staff must wear a mask/cloth covering. We ask that you please bring your own as there is a national shortage and we cannot provide one for each patient. If you do not abide by this, you will not be seen.
2. You will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms. This is mandated by the state, so please expect the questions. We ask if you are feeling under the weather or have been in contact with someone with COVID in the last 2 weeks, please reschedule after 2 weeks since exposure/sickness.
3. Your temperature will be taken on arrival. This will be done with a non-contact forehead thermometer. It will be done on staff and patients upon arrival. If your temperature is elevated above 100 degrees, you will be asked to reschedule after 2 weeks. If refused, you will not be seen.
4. Contactless Check-in. There is no longer the need to call the office to let us know you are here. We will great you at the door and your exam will begin in a timely fashion.
5. No guests allowed. Only the patient that is scheduled for an exam will be allowed in the office unless you are a minor or in need of assistance (one adult can accompany the patient in this case).
6. No walk-in appointments will be available. Exams and optical shopping will be done by appointment only.
7. Patient spacing. We have decreased available appointment times and spread them out to limit the number of patients in the office at once. We have also rearranged the patient lobby to abide by the recommended social distancing of 6 feet.
8. Late for appointments. In order to limit the number of patients in the office at the same time, if you are more than 10 minutes late to your appointment, you will be asked to reschedule.
* Please note: Due to these unusual circumstances, there will be a $40 fee for no-shows. To avoid this, please call the office at least 24 hours before your scheduled exam to reschedule.
9. Disinfecting. It has been and will continue to be our policy to thoroughly disinfect the office before and after each patient arrives. We will have new hand sanitizer stations throughout the office and ask you kindly to please sanitize your hands upon entering and leaving.
Thank you in advance for your part in keeping you and your family safe. Above all, keeping you safe while caring for your health is most important. We look forward to seeing you soon and being able to provide for your vision needs! Welcome back!
The Doctors and Staff
at South Jersey Eye Associates