Monthly Archives: January 2020
When making resolutions for the new year, don’t forget to include those for healthy vision…
• Schedule a comprehensive eye exam
• Research your family health history and find out if you are at risk for eye disease
• Eat healthy foods
• Get active
• Quit smoking
• Wear protective eyewear
• Rest your eyes by taking a break from the computer every 20 minutes to look at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds.
Start the year off right and schedule an appointment with one of our doctors for a comprehensive eye exam.
Glaucoma is a leading cause of vision loss and blindness in the United States.
With glaucoma typically having no symptoms in its early stages, early detection through a comprehensive dilated eye exam and treatment with medication or surgery can help reduce severe vision loss from glaucoma. Anyone can get glaucoma, but those at higher risk include:
- African Americans age 40 and over
- Everyone over age 60, especially Hispanics/Latinos
- People with a family history of the disease
Learn more about your risk for Glaucoma by speaking with your doctor here at South Jersey Eye Associates.