EYE ON VISION: GLAUCOMA AWARENESS MONTH
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Optometric Physician Dr. Brandon J. Wuzzardo presents South Jersey Eye Associates “Eye on Vision” for January.
January is Glaucoma Awareness Month. Glaucoma is a leading cause of irreversible vision loss and blindness in the United States. With glaucoma typically having no symptoms in its early stages, early detection through a comprehensive dilated eye exam and treatment with medication or surgery can help reduce severe vision loss from glaucoma.
Anyone can get glaucoma, but those at higher risk include:
• African Americans age 40 and over
• Everyone over age 60, especially Hispanics/Latinos
• People with a family history of the disease
• Certain medical conditions
• Trauma to the eye
• Prolonged use of Corticosteroids
Contact SJEA today to schedule an appointment to learn more about Glaucoma and ensure you and your family has their best vision possible. We look forward to seeing you!